I liked this purple/green/gray vibe.
It was my birthday on Friday and we ate delicious delicious dim sum. Currently drooling just looking at this picture.
Snowy run in Breckenridge, CO. Skiing while it’s snowing is pretty much the best!
Things we should be eating
- Four words: Double. Chocolate. Chip. Cookies. via Joy the Baker. I made them the other week and then I put Maldon salt on top because I’m just crazy with that stuff. They realllly looked like mini scoops of ice cream before they were baked, but they spread out just fine. I was kinda hoping they would just stay like this.
- I’ve always wanted to make my own granola bars. These dark chocolatey cherry ones would be a great place to start!
- Let's get a little healthy with our bad selves. This simple and healthy winter salad is a great way to put winter citrus and veg to use.
Things we should be reading (and watching!)
- For the holiday season I made both infused bourbon and vodka as gifts for friends and family. This article was a great resource to get me infusing and boozing.
- I saw the following article posted on Facebook recently, and I’m so glad I read it. We’ve all struggled with being our true selves at some point or another. Maybe you’re doing it right now. This piece is a personal and thoughtful insight with helpful reflections on how to be confident in yourself.
- I need to watch more TED Talks, because each time I do I’m inspired. This is a great playlist of videos to get you ready for public speaking, be it a small or large group. Not doing any public speaking anytime soon? These videos will still bring a smile to your face, and encourage you to find your voice.
- Because puppies.
Things we should be listening to
- Ya’ll have GOT to listen to Jeff Bridges' (yes, the actor) new album, “Sleep Tapes”. In the following track off the record, he walks you through a hike in Temescal Canyon. It’s quirky, but I’ll be damned if it doesn’t make me feel relaxed. Give it a listen.
- This record of Bob Dylan covers is sung and played beautifully by the artist Odetta, who was actually an inspiration for Dylan! One of my favorite songs that she covers on the album is “Masters of War”.
- This is one of my favorite songs of all time. Crosby, Stills & Nash foreverrrr.
Have a great week, babes!