This title shot above is our view from the gondola, heading back up to the mountains from the little town.
The snow really started coming down on our way back from our annual meal at Daylight Donuts, a place with hearty breakfasts to get you ready for a long day on the mountain.
Ninja style on the mountain.
Color inspiration/adventures in self-restraint.
Spices on spices! This store was a sensory overload - tea, olive oil, vinegars, salts, spices, and allllll available to taste!
And then I made a pie for my Valentine. An apple pie to be exact (his favorite). And I made it two days after Valentine’s Day because that’s how we roll.
It’s been a pretty great week, to say the least!
Things we should be eating/drinking
- Golden Milk! This delicious looking tea contains turmeric root, which is said to help alleviate inflammation. Turmeric is that warming and toasty spice that gives many Indian curries their yellow color.
- This ginger and orange glazed salmon from The Roasted Root. Tasty, healthy, and a great way to utilize beautiful winter citrus and get those much needed Omega 3’s.
- Fennel! It is one of my all time favorite veggies. It’s delicious raw or cooked. Crunchy, bright, and slightly sweet, fennel is super yummy on it’s own or accompanied in a dish. You know my girl Martha has got a collection of fennel recipes for you to try out. Plus, it’s in season right now!
Things we should be reading
- Love your freezer! Ways to efficiently store items in a small freezer.
- The broke person's guide to decorating, via Apartment Therapy.
- KIS, people!
Things we should be listening to
- Just legends being legends. Check out Dolly, Loretta, and Tammy singing together at the CMA awards in 1993. Check the sparkles, poofy shoulders, and the HAIRRRR.
- Speaking of freakin’ crayzay talented ladies, check out Queen Bey’s tribute to Stevie Wonder.
- For those of you dreamin’ of warmer weather, here is “Summertime”, performed by the First Lady of Song.
Have a fantastic rest of the week, ya'll!