Forever living that toast life. Toast + cream cheese + cherry belle radishes + scrambled egg + a little more radish.
I’ll admit that I haven’t been eating the healthiest (read: burritos, croissants, Twizzlers) this week, but hey! I had a smoothie that was green. To make it, add about 8 oz of almond milk, one large handful of spinach, ½ frozen banana, a heaping ⅓ c. frozen mango, 1 tbs cacao nibs, ½ scoop protein powder, and 1 scoop of green powder and blend for 30-60 seconds until smoooth. Feel great about yourself because you’re so healthy!
Last week I went on a thrift-venture with a couple gal pals. While in Santa Rosa, we popped into Flying Goat Coffee for some fuel. On the upper left is their Aztec Mocha, which my friend couldn’t wait to try! This mocha is made special with the addition of chiles so you get a lil’ spicy kick in each sip. I’m holding their chai latte, which they sprinkle with nutmeg. You should definitely pop in if you’re in the area!
Things we should be eating/drinking
- Grilled sweet potatoes. No it’s not summer, no I don’t have a grill, but I DO have a grill pan and a bunch of sweet potatoes so this is gonna happen.
- I’m headed to a 10 course dinner tonight (wish me luck!) to celebrate the Lunar New Year. I’m sure we’ll be eating some of these delicious Chinese foods.
- So many ways to put alcohol in hot chocolate. Try ‘em all!
Things we should be reading/watching
- A different and important perspective on a disorder we so often view as a death sentence for children, from a woman living with autism.
- I love this - an app to help you use the food that you already have in your home. Its intent is to help you to waste less (and save money too!).
- Temporary veggie tattoos to educate about the benefits of eating produce :)
Things we should be listening to
- If you haven’t already, you really should watch Lady Gaga’s tribute to The Sound of Music performed at the Oscars.
- I was pretty much obsessed with Sufjan Stevens in college, and am excited for his upcoming album, Carrie & Lowell! Check out this new track “No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross”.
- Yesterday, Iron & Wine released Archive Series Volume No. 1, made up of 16 home recordings. It’s wonderful to listen to songs recorded at the time that I first fell in love with Sam Beam’s music.
Have a lovely rest of the week!