Hey ya’ll. Hope March has been treating you well thus far! As per the usual, here’s what’s been happening in my world this week.
Lovely color inspiration while walking through my neighborhood.
These are brownies (if you hadn’t guessed). They are fudgey and rich and topped with pretzels and salted caramel. Yes, I’m sharing this with you on the blog soon. Promise!
The world lost an amazing soul last Friday when Leonard Nimoy, most famously known to the world as Spock, passed away. My husband and I were walking near our neighborhood that same day, and came upon this Star Trek art engraved into the sidewalk. He was quite an incredible man, and I learned some things I did not know about him via this New York Times article.
Things we should be eating
- This month’s Bon Appetit had an entire article on bread. After reading, I happened to notice the pool of drool that had formed on my shirt. Oops. Here’s the New York Times most popular bread recipe that I’ll need to try before I turn from drooley to hangry (and we don’t want that to happen).
- Why yes, I do eat meat but I also love (good) vegan food. This vegan pad thai looks amazing!
- Moscow Mules are delicious (hello tangy ginger beer and vodka!) and most of the charm comes from drinking it out of that copper mug. A Simple Pantry has a version that’s jazzed up from the addition of pomegranate juice. Gimme.
Things we should be reading/watching
- A powerful article about the latent physical effects from those who experienced abuse and neglect as children.
- Helpful advice, as always, from The Kitchn - a video on how to properly dice an onion.
- Good job, people! Let’s keep it up
Things we should be listening to
- Alison Krauss and the Union Station Band, “My Love Follows You Where You Go”. I love Alison’s fierce but sweet voice, and I just can’t get this song out of my head (which I’m totally okay with).
- Odesza ft. Shy Girls, “All We Need”. Shy Girls is made up of a couple dudes that I went to high school with, and they are incredibly talented. I was lucky enough to see them play with Haim last year. They recently put out a new album out, 4wz and you can visit this page to sign up for a free download it!
- Can’t wait for Kendrick Lamar to drop his new album. I just keep listening to this song in the meantime.
Alright, babes, that’s all for now. Have a lovely rest of the week! xo, Meggie