Happy Humpday, lovelies!
Thankful to live only a short bike ride from the beach.
I made a reaaally delicious marinara with rosemary and fennel and then put it over some chicken thighs and served it with pasta. It was a very comforting Sunday meal, and I can’t wait to share it with you soon!
Things we should be eating/drinking
- Blood and Sand. (Don’t worry, it’s a scotch cocktail!)
- Would you like some cheese with that scotch-tail? Here’s a list of drool-worthy whiskey and food pairings.
- We’ve got a good thing going here. Let’s finish strong with some Maple Peach Whiskey Fritters.
Things we should be reading
- I make muffins on the occasion, and sometimes I get it right, and many times I get it not so right. Simple Bites breaks down how to make the best muffins ever, every time.
- Bon Appetit on Food + Pop Culture.
- I’m constantly in a battle with my food “scraps” - should I just toss ‘em in the compost or try to reuse them? The Kitchn has encouraged me to put those leftover citrus peels to good use. One of the suggestions involves booze so you know I’m game.
Have a fantastic rest of the week, babes!